COVID-19 Safety Information
Given the extraordinary nature of the current COVID-19 pandemic, in order to provide for the health and safety of all attendees and staff at the 2021 ELFA Annual Convention in San Antonio, TX on October 24-26, ELFA requests that all conference attendees properly use facial coverings in all meeting rooms unless they are actively engaged in eating or drinking during ELFA events. This guidance is provided by the public health officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for events and gatherings.
The following protocols and practices will be in place during ELFA 60th Annual Convention:
- Individualized packaged hospital grade masks included in meeting bag.
- Additional masks available at the registration desk.
- Hand sanitizer stations placed around meeting spaces.
- Personalized hand sanitizers included in meeting bag.
- Gloves available at the registration desk.
- The JW Marriott has MERV 8 filter ventilation system throughout the hotel.
- The exhibit hall now has wider aisles and booths spaced in social distance groups.
- Socially distanced seating: Within the design of our meeting and event spaces, we will offer various distanced seating sections to accommodate various levels of comfort. Due to social distancing, some in-person events may be limited due to onsite venue space capacities.
- All on-site attendees will also have access to the virtual conference. Want to take a break from the larger group? You can watch on your laptop from your hotel room or elsewhere on the property.
- At registration you will be able to self-select a wrist band to indicate your comfort level for networking.
- Red – NO CONTACT: 6 Feet Apart and Social Distancing
- Yellow – ELBOWS ONLY: Still Being Cautious
- Green – HIGH 5’s & HANDSHAKES: Frequent Hand Washing / Sanitizing
This document is regularly updated with information about plans for health and safety protocols for attendees, exhibitors and staff on-site at the ELFA 60th Annual Convention. ELFA is monitoring the evolving public health guidance regarding large gathering settings and will continue to provide updates and additional guidance.
Release and Assumption of Risk
As we continue taking important steps to provide for the health and safety of our attendees, we ask that you review our COVID-19 information, well-being protocols, and policies below. By registering for this event you agree to adhere to the below policies to sustain a healthy and safe environment for our attendees. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. Any and all private health and personal data will be treated with confidentiality and sensitivity.
Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (“ELFA”) has adopted preventative measures to reduce the spread of the COVID virus at its conferences and events in accordance with guidance published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for events and gatherings, in coordination with event host properties. ELFA will comply with all applicable requirements imposed by state, provincial, and local health authorities for the locality in which the conference or event takes place. However, ELFA cannot guarantee that conference attendees will not become infected with COVID-19.
Individuals who fall within either of the categories listed below should not attend ELFA conferences or events:
- Individuals who are experiencing, or within the 14 days prior to the conference or event have experienced, symptoms associated with COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
Conference and event attendees should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are asked to contact ELFA at firstname.lastname@example.org if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in an ELFA conference or event.